Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Packing for a game

Who would think you would need a coat for a baseball game in July? If you read our Wrigley Field post from last year you would know that we did! The weather for games is unpredictable at best. Here's another example: In Cleveland for Opening Day, we were in short sleeves just before a rain delay. After the rain delay, the temperature dropped into the low 40's and the wind was blowing 20 miles per hour. We've discovered we need to pack for all situations, since we leave home sometimes days before the game. Weather forecast can change, and it isn't fun to be caught in a rain delay without the proper attire.

I always carry this messenger bag.







My usual take-alongs include:
  • sunscreen
  • plastic ponchos
  • chapstick
  • camera
  • peanuts (cheaper to buy at Walmart and bring in the stadium)
  • hat
  • sunglasses
  • windbreaker
  • cheap foldable umbrella
  • bottled water- most stadiums allow at least one per person
  • extra cash
  • tissues
  • tickets
  • Wet Ones
  • hand sanitizer
  • Advil
In the car, just in case I need it, I keep:
  • heavier coat
  • blanket
  • towels to sit on
  • change of clothes- jeans or shorts, jacket, sweatshirt, extra shoes
  • cooler
  • ear muffs
  • binder- I keep a binder with maps (can't always count on GPS), hotel information and phone numbers, places to eat, local sites to see, etc.
It seems like a lot, but my days of going to crew meets when my daughter rowed taught me to be prepared for any kind of weather! What are your must haves?




No comments:

Post a Comment