Saturday, June 18, 2016

Dog Days of San Diego




(Penny's Perspective)

What could be better for a dog lover than being interviewed petting a comfort dog at the Denver airport, spending four days with my grand-doggies, AND having a ticket on Bark in the Park night at Petco Park? That was so awesome, and add to that I've found a new favorite city: San Diego. That was a great trip. 




It was so much fun to see all these fabulous dogs at our first visit to Petco Park. 



Petting the comfort dog in the Denver airport.


My grand-dogs Juan and Sheba.


Mr. PadreI've loved almost all of our baseball trips. This one I especially loved. I hadn't seen my son, Derek, since I was out there in January so it was great to spend time with him. I love, love, love San Diego, so I was happy to share that city with Randy. The food in San Diego is a dream for a vegetarian (me) and a vegan (Derek). Even Randy found some food he liked, although he still draws the line at anything made with tofu. We had some Mexian food to die for. I see more potato tacos in my future!

A very California feel inside the park.

Beautiful views from all around. 


It was a beautiful night, if you go, take a sweater, it gets really cool after dark. 


The scoreboard was huge. Once I figured out where everything was, I really liked it. 

Our host for the San Diego trip. My son, Derek.


Yes, we have on jackets and it is summer!

Retired numbers.

A replica of the USS Nimitz. 

I love this wall of all MLB players who have served our country.

There is no shortage of things to do in San Diego. A visit to the Gaslamp District is a must. There are places to eat and bars everywhere!


Kayaking at Point Loma harbor. 

San Diego is a vegetarian/vegan heaven. This raw walnut taco was so good!


Derek and his friend, Karen.


We love dive bars, and this one didn't disappoint. The Star Bar was named one of the country's top 20 dive bars and is within walking distance of the park. 

5 comments:

  1. Loved the pictures..
    So cool to bring ur doggies to baseball games..looked like a fun trip had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pictures..
    So cool to bring ur doggies to baseball games..looked like a fun trip had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to see all the doggies. Derek applied to take Sheba but all the spots were taken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a dog lover, I think this sounds like so much fun! Thanks again for linking up to the Take Me Away party. I just posted a recap on my blog today and I realized that this post was the one you meant to link up. I think your original link took me to just your main blog page but when I looked at the picture you used, I realized this was the post you meant to use! Anyway, I hope I got it right! Stop by when you get a chance to see the recap! Thanks!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelly! It is rare when I can share my blog on any of the decorating?craft/food blogs I follow!

      Delete