Saturday, July 26, 2014

Oh Canada


(From Penny)
We always get to the stadium early to check out the history and special displays. There really wasn't much history in Rogers Center. It is pretty much a stadium without a lot of personality. Yes, the scoreboard is huge and that is a plus, but I was hoping for more. It was raining, so the dome was closed for the Saturday game.



 I did find some decent stadium food. The hummus platter was decent. We met some nice ladies while we were eating. We shared a picnic table with them. Apparently, they are season ticket holders and also ballpark chasers. Randy struck up a conversation with them and had some great baseball conversation. Sometimes I can really see the old sports writer in him! One of the women, who is in her late seventies, just returned from a West Coast swing that took in every club from Arizona to Seattle.
Our hotel room from last night was to the right of the scoreboard, immediately to the (viewer's) right of the "T" in the hat.
 It was Kids Day. I thought the kid sized Blue Jay (Junior Jay) was a great touch. That Blue Jay worked his tail off!
 This was so adorable! I really love it when they get the kids involved. What great memories for them!
 This little guy sat beside us and literally ate his way through the game. I'm not sure how he held that much food in that little belly!
It was an enjoyable game. I have to say that since I've learned to keep score (still with  help from Randy), the games have more meaning for me. I've learned a lot about the game, and I'm forced to pay attention :)
Will I ever score an unassisted play the right way?

Thumbs up
food selection
field
scoreboard
surrounding area
mascot

Thumbs down
Fan enthusiasm and crowd involvement
sense of history in the park
outside the park atmosphere
in game entertainment, even though Randy enjoyed the cheerleaders
$5 programs - I'm still looking for a freebie!


No comments:

Post a Comment