Thursday, April 3, 2014

Atlanta Game 4





We went south to celebrate Melvie’s (Randy’s mom) 90th birthday. We decided to throw in a baseball game since we were flying out of Atlanta. It meant taking an extra day off, but Randy loves the Braves, so we decided to go for it. It also meant we got to stop at the mall of Georgia, which is pretty impressive!


I like the South, I really do. I had considered myself a southerner pretty much up until I met (and married) a real southerner. It was no surprise that I loved the Atlanta experience. The stadium is superb, the scoreboard is awesome, the fans the best ever! It was a perfect baseball experience. The people were friendly and helpful, and it was just a good time.


I’m developing a theory about the crowds. We were in Atlanta on a Monday night. It was the most enthusiastic crowd we’ve encountered, and what I was hoping for in the baseball experience. So, I’m thinking the die-hard fans go out on a weeknight, the family crowds on a Saturday or Sunday. We’ll see if this proves true in the next 26 games.


The food at The Chop House was excellent. It’s hard to find a good veggie burger when you are eating out that isn’t a Morningstar patty served up as the house veggie burger. We were lucky enough to get a seat outside with a stadium view closest to the field. Nice!




Randy is continuing to give me lessons and a play by play (in an effort to keep me focused, if he were to tell the truth). I’m actually picking up some baseball knowledge! By the time we are finished with our adventure, I’m going to be an expert J


Thumbs up


Scoreboard-best yet


Stadium


Crowd enthusiasm


Food


Mascot


Vendors


Free program


Parking






Thumbs down


None!





No comments:

Post a Comment