Saturday, April 5, 2014

We'll Have a Barrel of Fun-Milwaukee, Game 10

Milwaukee gets my vote so far for the friendliest people. Maybe they are all just drunk from the tailgating. I've never seen tailgating like Milwaukee does it at a baseball game. Awesome! Actually, everyone we talked to all day before the game was so helpful and friendly that we felt like we were at home.

Since several people suggested visiting the Third Ward. So before the game, we rented bikes and rode along the lake, eventually making our way to the Third Ward, where we found lots of cute shops and a mini Pike Place Market. We ate on the rooftop of a great restaurant Cafe Benelux & Market.

Parking at Miller Park was no big deal, easy in and out. Those sausages walking around outside are kind of creepy.


I

felt like if we had stopped to talk to any tailgaters and told them we were from out of town, they would have invited us to join them. It was just a really friendly, happy vibe.

This was my first dome game. The fans who sat behind us said the first game they slowly closed them for people to see. Since it was a beautiful night there was no need for that.




The delivery of the first pitch on a Harley was kind of cool and definitely a first. I meant to walk over to the Harley Deck but forgot about it before I left.

I always enjoy a good mascot. Sadly, I did not see one in Chicago or Milwaukee. There was one at Miller Park, but he stayed mostly in the left field bleachers the entire time. When the Brewers scored, he slid down a long, curvy slide. Now, that was …different, and didn't do much to engage the crowd. However, those creepy sausages did race.

We loved singing the Beer Barrell Poka during the seventh-inning stretch. It came immediately after Take me out to the Ballgame.




And happily, I got to see the Reds again! They won. Joey Votto hit a homer. Go Joey Votto!

We met some great people. We especially enjoyed talking to the ladies sitting behind us from Milwaukee and the two gentlemen sitting beside me from New Mexico.

Thumbs up
Tailgating
Atmosphere
Friendliness
$10 off coupon for the Brewers store
Scoreboard
Thumbs down
Mascot






No comments:

Post a Comment