Saturday, April 5, 2014

Baltimore Game 7





Let me start by saying I love the Orioles. Even though Pittsburgh is closest to a home team for us, I spent a lot of time taking my kids to Camden Yards as they were growing up and have great memories of the park - and especially seeing Cal Ripkin. Oriole Park was the only stadium I had been to for a long time, and when I went to any other stadium it was what they are all compared to. I was happy to see it is still as I remembered, a great park. I think the first time I went to another park it was Wrigley Field. I was expecting something like Camden Yards and I was shocked! I'll save that story for August.


My son and sister went with us on this trip. As I said, I have great memories of taking the kids, and Derek was excited to go again. Can't resist putting these then and now pictures up.





T

he trip in to Baltimore is an easy one from my sister Peggy’s house, and we had no problem parking. If I were you, I'd avoid the Inner Harbor, unless you like overpriced tourist junk stores. There are a lot of places there to eat, though.


Going into the park, it is so cool to see the design. I love how the warehouses are incorporated, and you will not have any trouble spending extra time looking around. There are plenty of places to eat and things to look at. It is truly a beautiful park.


I was pretty excited about this game. Chris Davis is as impressive as he could be, as is Machato. Check out Davis' two home runs.

http://wapc.mlb.com/play?content_id=28469037

The crowd was full of New York fans, which made it really fun. Everyone sitting around us in section eight was friendly, and we enjoyed talking to them. We actually made it onto the “fan cam” for the first time! I was hoping to get a picture of Derek with the mascot, since I have one of when he was little, but that bird was nowhere to be found. He was not really active throughout the park, he pretty much stayed close to the Orioles dugout.





The scoreboard is great! I was ok with the fact that there was no cheesy racing presidents or peirogies, but we were entertained throughout the game. I was starting to think they had done away with the organ until I finally heard it around the fifth inning.


It was a great evening at Orioles Park at Camden Yards! There is a lot of excitement going into and coming out of the park which adds to the overall experience.


Thumbs up


Scoreboard


Stadium


Crowd Enthusiasm


Concessions/vendors


Overall experience


Fancam/entertainment


Staff help-awesome! They are holding signs that say "How can I help you?"


Parking/ease in and out of stadium


Entertainment outside the stadium






Thumbs down


Programs are a buck


Mascot activity












No comments:

Post a Comment