Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Game 3: PNC

Two things I’ve discovered while writing this blog:


1. I don’t pay enough attention to the game


2. I have a hard time writing a blog


I pay attention to all the activity around me, the people, kids, vendors, music, and of course, the scoreboard. I am going to make an effort from now on to pay attention to the game! (I’m still gonna look around though, that’s a huge part of the fun for me.)






Randy and I have made several trips to Pittsburgh the last several years. We have been to plays, shopping (the closest Ikea) and ball games. The last two years we made an effort to see Randy’s beloved Braves when they are in town. We consider Pittsburgh to be our “home” park, although neither of us are diehard Pirates fans.


Game 3 in our journey was a Sunday afternoon game. I wish I had a magic wand to wave over that crowd and get them excited. It was quiet and calm with occasional polite applause. My sister suggests we get cheaper tickets higher up for more crowd enthusiasm. According to her, this is where the rowdy crowd is.


The Pirate Parrot is a cute, kinda goofy mascot, but he seemed to really appeal to the kids in the stands. The pierogi race is ridiculous, but entertaining in a “Don’t tell anyone I thought it was funny” way.


It is a really pretty venue. The scoreboard works for me (which you know is important) and the park is nice. If you are vegetarian, eat before you go. There are veggie burgers but I was told they are cooked on the same grill as the burgers.


Thumbs up


Scoreboard


Park


Entertainment on your way into the park


Free program


Parking






Thumbs down


Food


Vendors


Staff helpfulness






















No comments:

Post a Comment